Classic watches, watchmaking, antique tools, history, vintage ephemera and more!
Learn about mechanical timepieces and how they work, the history of the American watch industry and especially all about the Elgin National Watch Company! Check back for new content daily.
Although this is technically a blog, the content is not generally in a time-based sequence. You can find interesting items throughout. Down the page some is an alphabetical word cloud of keywords used here. A great way to dig in is to look through those topics and click anything you find interesting. You'll see all the relevant content.
Here are a few of my favorites!
There are some large images on some posts, so that might impact your load times, bit I think you will find it worth the wait. Thanks for visiting!
A Rare Antique Bow Fitting Tool
More tools here...
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (465)
- ► 2015 (452)
- "No American Watch" Situation Denounced
- Another Missing Pin
- Antique Clock
- A Practical Course of Instruction in The Science o...
- A Study in Time
- Watch Dirt
- A Grade 345 Elgin, With Some Ugly Corrosion
- Pro and Con
- Stem-Setting and sleeves and Detents and Pocketwat...
- Challenge Yourself To Become A Better Merchant
- Waltham Watch Company Executive Staff Dinner
- Gruen Swiss Plant Official Flies Here
- Information Please!
- 5,000,000,000 Kilowatt Hours
- Clocks Helps Legislators Recall Days
- Antique English Clock
- The Collector
- Elgin Ad, 1945
- Elgin Grade 304
- Elgin Grade 349, "No 349"
- Elgin Grade 234
- Elgin Grade 82, Mystery Chip
- Illinois Watch Company, 16 size, 21 jewels
- Elgin Grade 95
- Elgin Grade 70, Fancy Dial
- A Rare Antique Bow Fitting Tool
- Elgin Grade 324, With An Odd Repair
- Elgin Grade 291
- More New Charts!
- Oh, Canada!
- A 15 Jewel Elgin Grade 207 - Wait, 15 Jewels?
- Waltham 16 Size Military Pocketwatch
- New Charts
- Elgin Grade 311
- The Elgin Watch Factory, A Rare Aerial Photo
- ▼ November (35)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (406)
- ► 2011 (135)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (96)
- ► 2008 (25)