Culver was one of the original incorporators of The National Watch Company, in 1864.
The Z in H. Z. Culver stands for Zoroaster.
The regulator arrangement on this watch was also one of his.
The particular style of dust ring used on early Elgin products was Moseley's work as well.
The US Patent Office has these entries attributed to Moseley:
- 45512, Tool, Watch Barrel Closer, 1864
- 77078, Watch Cock or Bridge, 1868
- 89328, Watch Mainspring Ratchet, 1869
- 95128, Watch Dustproof Movement, 1869
- 104756, Watch Safety Pinion, 1870
- 157021, Watch Regulator, 1874