If solvents are allowed to come ill frequent or prolonged contact with the skin, they may dissolve the natural secretions' of the skin glands and the fatty ingredients of skin tissue. This leads to drying, cracking, and fissuring of the skin, forming portals of entry for subsequent infection.
Hypersensitive workers should be assigned to work that does not involve the use of solvents. All workers should be instructed to avoid skin contact with these liquids as much as possible.
Where feasible, a totally or partially enclosed process is the most effective means of preventing direct body contact.