Classic watches, watchmaking, antique tools, history, vintage ephemera and more!
Learn about mechanical timepieces and how they work, the history of the American watch industry and especially all about the Elgin National Watch Company! Check back for new content daily.
Although this is technically a blog, the content is not generally in a time-based sequence. You can find interesting items throughout. Down the page some is an alphabetical word cloud of keywords used here. A great way to dig in is to look through those topics and click anything you find interesting. You'll see all the relevant content.
Here are a few of my favorites!
There are some large images on some posts, so that might impact your load times, bit I think you will find it worth the wait. Thanks for visiting!
Elgin Grade 387, Is That a Bushing?
This movement is a grade 387, 16 size, 17 jewel Elgin, made about 1914.
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (465)
- ► 2015 (452)
- That Elgin Grade 387, the Bushing, More
- Elgin Grade 387, Is That a Bushing?
- Elgin Grade 150
- Elgin Grade 318
- An Unusual Elgin Grade 58, More
- An Unusual Elgin Grade 58
- Information Please!
- The Importance of Timing
- Home Watch Company
- Elgin Grade 184
- A Creative Mainspring Repair
- Elgin Grade 114 and An Interesting Case Adaptor
- Elgin Grade 114 and Watchmakers' Marks
- Improving a Loose Crown
- A Military Watch Thread at the NAWCC
- Case Pins on Older Elgin 18 Size Movements
- Elgin Watch Production Data by Movement Size
- Elgin Grade 55
- A Messy Elgin Grade 55
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (406)
- ► 2011 (135)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (96)
- ► 2008 (25)